X-ray showed no evidence of spondylosis, loss of normal cervical lordosis, MRI showed disc hernias. What could be the cause?

I had an xray that resulted in Vertebral bodies and intervertebral spaces appear normal. There is loss of normal cervical lordosis . Posterior spinal column and spinal canal appear normal. No evidence of spondylolysis or listhesis. Prevertebral soft tissues are within normal limits . A month later I had an MRI taken showing disc hernias in C6 - C8. Is it that I did something in between or was it missed by the Xray?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012