Worried about my Grandma, can a pacemaker make her heart rate go up to 118 ?

Grandma is 96 with a pacemaker . Last Dr. appointment her heart rate was 118, her medical provider is concerned she is in AFib. Her Cardiologist on Monday said that wasn't possible. So, when her heart rate is usually 80, can a pacemaker make her heart rate go up to 118? Also, why would it do this ? She also had fluid on her heart, what causes this? Her Dr. said she is getting plenty of oxygen it just isn't being pushed through ( respiratory at 33 when is usually about 16), why would that be ? Does this mean her heart is dying ? Worried about Grandma. Can you clear up what all this means for me. I wasn't at the Doctor visit to ask all these questions.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jan 2010