Worms in stools, haemorrhoids. Taking pin-x. Will it eradicate the worms?

I believe I have worms and have treated with pin x and the evening after I took the medication I could visually see what I believe to be worms in the stool in comparison to the google pics. Also, that evening I began to have hemroids and now I think I can see little white things moving in the hemroids. What do I do? I have searched and searched for what to do to eradicate them from other places in my body other than the digestive tract and there seems to be no answers. Will this pin x kill all of them or should I try something else? It has been 4 days since I took the meds.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Hi my dear,

Pin X is the brand name for the generic Pyrantel pamoate. It is an anti-worm drug.

Usually, it is given as 11 mg per kg weight. In other words, if your weight is 75 kg, the dose of pin x should be around 750 mg and repeated after 2 weeks.

So, if you have taken the first dose 4 days ago, you should take the next dose after 2 weeks.

However, I'd suggest to do the testing before taking the other dose to determine the right diagnosis and what other medications you should take.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to follow good hygienic measures, especially when going to the bathroom and when preparing the food.

Please avoid sugary foods; and drink more water! I usually advise my patients to eat raw garlic on daily basis for enhancing the chances for de-worming.

All the best!