Thanks for writing to us.
Although it isn't possible to diagnose your condition without an examination , your history is suggestive of ligamentous strain.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fermentation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen
to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time for the injury
5. Continue physical therapy
I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta