Wisdom tooth extraction done. Long strand of blood from upper socket, unable to pull it as it might dislodge socket. Treatment?

just had my wisdom teeth extracted yesterday and doing everything I have been instructed to do, This evening there is a long strand of blood hanging from the upper socket and I don t know what to do about it. It is just hanging down and I don t want to pull on it because I don t want to pull out the socket. But it is quiet annoying having this strand hanging down and I am concerned. Any advice (since it is a Saturday evening and very late)
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012