Wisdom tooth extracted. Tongue numbness, vomiting, swelling. Prescribed vicodin. What is wrong?

Hi on 2/7/13 I got both my bottom wisdom teeth extracted, the one on the left was impacted & the one on the right was grown in a bit. so after they were done extracting they prescribed my vicodin and sent me on my way, i was in HORRIBLE pain mostly on my left side. I mostly rested the first day. Second day i woke up and my left jaw was extremley swollen i mean 2 inches out down to my neck ... and it was hard to the touch, also my tongue was numb but on the right side. that night it wa very difficult to get sleep even with the vicodin & after i fell asleep i woke up vomitting, after that i managed to get some rest. Third day was the worst, swollen even more couldn t open my mouth and numb tongue. Anyhow i went in for a post apt the fifth day and my dentist said everything seemed normal and the hard lump in my neck/jaw was cayse she hit a nerve or muscle during the numbing process. She put me on antibiotics and gave me tylenol #3. It is now the seventh day and the swelling has gone down and that s it, I still have a hard mass/lump in my neck and jaw that hurts and is still swollen & my tongue is still numb, its actually worse and seemed to spread if thts possible. Oh yea I can only open my mouth enough to fit a finger , & that hasn t improved since the opperation. I think i m going to have an oral surgeon look at it, get some x rays and get a second opinion. What do you think though does this sound normal, does any of this sound like it could be permanant, I need help I m very strssed out..
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013