Wisdom teeth removed, little soreness, neck swollen, it hurts to touch. treatment?

I got all four wisdom teeth removed a week ago, and there weren't any complications with the teeth. My face feels fine with just a little soreness where the teeth were pulled;however, the side of my neck feels swollen and im not sure but it really hurts to touch and to swallow. Should i go to my dentist and get checked out or what could it be??
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
The concern would be that there may be an infection developing. Other signs would be a fever, warmth over the affected area, a stiff neck. Your difficulty in swallowing may indicate swelling in the back of your throat and around the area of the removed teeth which may be secondary to infection.
I suggest you take paracetamol and ibuprofen. Keep well hydrated with fluids. If you do not improve in 24 hours, I suggest you see your dentist for further advice.
Dr K A Pottinger,
MBChB FRCA