Will the follicle mature due to intake of Progyluton ?

on my 8th day of period(03.06.2012) one follicle size was 1.3, then my doctor prescribed me to take Progyluton (white tablets) 3 daily after food, then she asked me to come and scan on 7th June. now follicle size was 1.7, then she asked to come & scan on 9the june . i went there & scan now its 1.7... i have one doubt that follcle matured and another one will grow to 1.7... Please advise me what happened
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012
Hi Rasheeda,

In any given menstrual cycle, only one follicle outgrows the others and it is the only one to reach the maximum size.

So, there is minimal chance of another follicle maturing in the same cycle.

You may have to wait for few more days for the follicle to mature completely.

Definitely, it will rupture but whether fertilization happens or not is wait and watch rule.

Hope this helps.