Will a TSH of 0.5 affect pregnancy ?

Sir, My wife is carrying for three months. The result of thyroid is TSH .05. This will affect any problems?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Sep 2011
please mention the values clearly
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.This value of TSH is very low and this means either she is hypothyroid patient taking a high dose of levothyroxine and the dose is to be adjusted or if she is not taking any levothyroxine then it is hyperthyroidism.Consult the endocrinologist for the treatment.Good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that you are on hypothyroidism medicine.
Your TSH level is too low,found in hyperthyroidism.
As she is pregnant you should consult endocrinologist and if she is on hypothyroid medicine as hypothyroid is common in female.requires evaluation of dose schedule or should stop the medicine.
If she has no complain about thyroid then further investigations are required.
Ok and bye.