Will I be able to recover form narrowing of disc and pain? Possible treatment?

I have recently been told I have a narrowing of the C4/C5, C5/C6,C6/C7 and the doctor was hard to understand. I am 35 (36 on sunday 6th Janurary) I work in the refrigeration/Airconditioning and Appliance industry repairing all makes and models of domestic appliances and airconditioners, so there is a lot of heavy lifting involved. My question is can I recover my movement and rid the pain in due time? Can I prolong the possibility of any treatment or surgury? Will joint food (health pills) help? I guess I am a little scared and unsure of risks etc, I don t want to be stuck at home unable to work as this would be very boring and unhealthy! I am slightly overweight by around 18 kilos, and know I have to lose weight, will that help?? Any info would be appreciated, and I hope it can help me avoid surgury at this stage as I wish to continue with my life as is. Cheers
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013