Wife not getting interested for intercourse. Gained weight. What treatment should be done?

Wife not interested in sex any more. Need Avice. Well,I am 36 and my wife is 31 house wife with 1 kid. After the  kid my wife was less eager to have sex with me almost a stop. Every time I touch here to get her in the mood it s like she pushes me away. When we talk about sex she always claims well I m right there for you. But in all fairness she s not there for me. I don t know when to make a move and when not to. I m afraid that went I make a move she ll push me away. When she pushes me away I feel rejected. I told her how I felt when she pushes me away and she says I don t push you away, I m just tired I understand that she gets tired but it seems like every time I want to fool around she s is more tired then when I don t want to fool around.  I really feel unattracted when she pushes me away. I also told her that and she responds with honey I love you and you re not unattracted. I know she put on a little weight after the baby and I tell her how pretty she is. Even I tried to seduce her by touching everywhere around 10 minutes but she always said that she don t have any feeling of excitement.I tried everything please help me to save my marriage life.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Hi Ashish,

Welcome to healthcare magic!

After a childbirth there is a phenomenal change in the body of women.
There is lots of hormonal storming during this period and prolactin is secreted for milk secretion which suppresses sexual desire.
Another reason is when they are engrossed with care of child, by the end of the day they get dead tired and sex itself needs a mood and energy that is difficult to manage.
Lastly if you are not sharing the load of childcare with her then she might feel as being overburdened and may be blaming you at subconscious level for that.
While you are thinking about sex during bed time she is busy thinking how to manage the night with the baby so that she can have rest to manage the day ahead.
Try to share the responsibility of the childcare and give her three - four hours of uninterrupted rest, plan a weekend eat-out to cut down on the boredom of nursing motherhood.
Manage the things like that;
Let her feel that you are a responsible husband and want to share everything there, not only hungry for sex all the time.
The love will resurrect.
Some weight gain is a rule post pregnancy.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!