Wide spread muscle spasms, sharp shooting pain under the left breast. How to resolve this ?

Hi! I'm 45 year old white female and have had wide spread muscle spasms for a long time now, but this morning I was woke up by spasms in my left side. I couldn't really tell if these spasms were coming from below the rib cage or under that area. I continued to lay on my back when I then got a very sharp shooting pain just under the left breast, that shot downward and to the left. Although this pain only lasted a second or two, it was very sharp. I kinda feels like it's just under the skin; on top of the ribs. This shooting pain repeated three more times, but the muscle spasms to the left area, below the the breast can still be felt all through the left rib cage area to just below the last rib.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013