Why now I am coughing after 2 or 3 cigarettes though I have been smoking for last 35 years ?

I have smoked for 35 years. The last 3 years I start coughing and gagging after my second or third cigarette in the morning. It tends to go away later in the day. What s the problem.
Asked On : Sat, 18 Feb 2012
Hi,Welcome to HCM,
It seems that you are having chronic bronchitis.Due to congestion or irritation in the lungs in the morning you get coughing .
Quit smoking as early as possible.
You might have CPOD.
Go for X ray chest and CBC to rule out any pathology in the lungs.
Ok and bye.
  Anonymous's Response
two much tar is your lungs each cigarette takes 12 mins off your life so stop smoking and try smokeless tobacco