Why is there swelling on my face after using neutrogena face wash ?

Hello doctor , A couple of weeks before I went to a dematologist for acne treatment.He adviced with to apply Faceclin-a gel for 2 weeks,He told me to dilute the gel with Cetaphil moisturising lotion and lessen the dilution gradually.First week was fine,my skin became clearer and acne also disappread but in the second week, twice or thrice i used neutrogena face wash and in the next morning my whole face turned Red with bit swelling. I stopped using neutogena face wash as i felt it could be coz of that.Now swelling has disappread but the completed face ia still red and darkened specially the area around the lips is darker than the rest of the face. Kindly advice whether i should discontinue using faceclin OR please advice any medicine. Thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Nov 2011