Why is my wife obsessed with cleanliness? What is her behavior called?

my wife age 46 years is suffering from touch-ability i.e. she uses to wash every things which is brought outside from the market. she feels panic if things are not happened as per her wish. She is religious in her view and deed but she behaves on these issues unlikely which is done by other ladies. However she likes cleanliness but I think this type of behavior is not normal. I want to consult with doctors at Jamshedpur(Jharkhand).You suggest me to which field related doctor I require to consult.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Psychologist 's  Response

Thanks for writing in

I do not find anything wrong with her behavior from what you have mentioned. Cleanliness is part of everyday life, and some people are a little extra cleanliness conscious. It necessarily doesnt have to be obsession.She panicking about little things is also quiet normal unless you notice it happening everyday and disturbing her everyday life activities.

Visiting a COUNSELOR/PSYCHOLOGIST/PSYCHIATRIST will help you and your wife understand if everything is normal.

Stay Healthy!