Why is my torso so sore after having a injury ?

I slipped, fell hard and landed on my knees and forehead. Needed stitches on my forehead and a black eye is quickly settling in. Why is my torso so sore? Hurts to move too much in any direction. Is this just to be expected from a hard landing on concrete? Just an overall jarring of the muscles? I m 52 year old female and am in decent physical shape. I do have lower back issues but this is not my lower back - it s basically neck to bottom of rib cage. This happened on Thursday and I m a bit less sore today. Hope it s just an overall jarring. Thanks for any replies
Asked On : Sun, 6 Feb 2011
Thanks for query,
Most probably there may be sprain on torso,
Wait for few days,if pain subsides otherwise go for X ray and rule out any fracture.
Take analgesic if require.
Ok and bye.