Why is my belly button bulging with bad smell ?

My belly Button budges and it has a horrible smell to it . lil scared....any wrong
Asked On : Tue, 30 Aug 2011
Thanks for the query,
Bad odour of the umbilicus/belly button could be because lack of hygeine and cleanliness. So ensure you wash with soap and water while bathing, keep the area dry and moist free. In case of any discharge from the umbilicus please consult a doctor personally as it could be infected, which will need antibiotic therapy.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
They smell calls for cleanliness and proper hygeine. Look for any exudates or infection in the region. If the bulging is too much rule out umblical hernia also.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that you might have infection in umbilicus.
Many a time due to hollow in it cleanliness is not done proper and dust etc are stucked in it causing infection.
Clean it proper and apply antibiotic cream.
Go for antibiotic medicine.
Ok and bye.