Why does my heart suddenly pound hard?

why does my heart suddenly pound hard once and it makes it difficult to catch that one breath? Its been going on for a couple months now but i can just be at home watching tv and out of no where i feel my heart pound so hard that it keeps me from catching the breath i was just about to take. It feels like someone knocked the wind out of me. What can it be? I know when i was about 2 years old i had a heart murmer but was told that it went away and my last check up said everything was normal. Ive gone to the doctor once about this a couple months ago, and they said everything was fine. what can it be? why am i always fighting for that one breath? im a guy, and im not an any kinds of medications.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
It can be from anxiety/stress sometimes you won't even know you have it, I found out one night I woke up almost gasping for air and it was so scaring that I thought that I was going to die...I also went to a couple of doctors and they all did kge test and it came out good. When I realized it they told me it could be from anxiety once you know that it's from anxiety then everything becomes much more easier...
I've had that feeling many times and it really scared me. Go see a cardiologist. I also have a murmur and due to a cardiac MRI, found I have a bicuspid aortic valve. I hope you get this checked out and good luck.
Hi, Low oxygen levels can cause this to happen, so can many heart problems. You really need to discuss this with a doctor, not ask for free advice here, and hope that someone knowledgeable on your condition will actually see your question. Good Luck!