Why do I get cramps in my quadriceps when I stretch ?

i stretch a lot but i always get cramps in my quadriceps easily and i drink a lot of protein I eat right i get a good amount of water each day about 4 water bottles a day
Asked On : Sun, 31 Jul 2011
Hello, welcome to HCM. Cramps usually go away on their own without treatment, but these tips appears to help speed the healing process:
•Stop the activity that caused the cramp.
•Gently stretch and massage the cramping muscle.
•Hold the joint in a stretched position until the cramp stops.

Until we learn the exact cause of muscle cramps, it will be difficult to say with any confidence how to prevent them. However, these tips are most recommended by experts and athletes alike: •Improve fitness and avoid muscle fatigue
•Stretch regularly after exercise
•Warm up before exercise
•Stretch the quadriceps muscle: While standing, hold top of foot with opposite hand and gently pull heel toward buttocks. (Repeat with opposite leg.)

If your muscle cramps are severe, frequent, constant or of concern, see your doctor.