Why do I burp after eating some food ?

Why do I burp after eating some food like Tuna and Sardine ??? Should I avoid them ???
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
hello and welcome to healthcare magic.
burping is the natural way of letting out the excess gas formed in the stomach and it's better you avoid the food items which lead to excessive burping .
take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Namitha's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.Swallowing air is one of the most common causes of burping. If you notice that you have excessive burping after eating particular foods, you can avoid them.Avoid carbonated drinks, chewing gums,drinking from a straw. You can also check if other foods like pulses and sprouts cause burping and avoid them as well. Wishing you well.