Why did my father have sudden chills and shivering ?

My dad worked all day in 110 degree weather. His clothes were completely soaked in sweat. He had a drink with alcohol after his shower. He then was eating supper and he began chilling and rocking. He couldn t get warm. My mother had him lay down and covered him in blankets. He continued to shake. He is very strong headed and will not go to the doctor , but we think he needs to. Any help would be great.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Aug 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
sudden transit from high to low temperature also cause problem as body can not adjust with it .
there are several mechanism of heat regulation .
shivering and chilling is among them .
i dont think he has any other problem .
ask him to dry his body before coming from his work
transit gradually .
use separate cloths for work and home

i hope i have answered your question .