Why did a dead old person bleed through nose and mouth with skin turning purple?

Hi, My mother passed away shortly, cause of death is still unknown. We re waiting for the autopsy report but I m curious to find out why she died. She was 77, we we re on holiday together and she collapsed while in the sea. We managed to take lift her straight up so I know she didn t drown. She said she felt very weak and soon after lost her conscious. We took her out of the sea and layed her down on her side, we opened her airways. Within seconds she started bleeding through her nose and foam came out of ther mouth. Then her face turned purple, we took her hospital but she didn t make it. We thought it might be a heart attack but I m not sure. Could it be brain haemorrhage?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012