Why did I feel like an air bubble when i swallowed? What is making me nauseated?

I drank water when I first woke up this morning, as soon as I started to swallow , it felt as though a giant air bubble had been trapped and forced down my esophagus and stopped in my sternum. The pain after made me nauseous and even after trying to burp and get the gas out, the pain still exists. What is the reason for this and how can I fix it?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Good evening mam. I think you drank the water too quickly and it probably caused a spasm in your oespphagus wenever you will drink watwr or burp it will give you a pain sensation. Dont worry it will get better..try to drink liquids slowly for now and you can start tablet dopmeridone 10mg and antacid before food for 2 days. That will help to clear the good quicker. It will get better in a couple of let me know if it doesnt improve