Why can't my finger hold itself straight? Hot massages not worked. Now?

My ring finger neither make straight properly nor make tight fist i m 25 year male,suffering from left hand ring finger joint hardness from 3 month . My ring finger neither make straight properly nor make tight fist .My x-ray report is normal.I have consult from doctors. Some prescribe me physiotherapy,some said impossible. i have done 20 day physiotherapy with hot pack and massage but not relax according to a doctor,Some said don t massage the hardness, it spoiled ur finger. Now I m going with only warm water with some exercise in warm water ,make fist with all finger but ring finger not touch the palm .pl z clear me........... what is this,suggest me what i do for this for improvement ? thank u
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012
it sounds like you have a swollen joint in your finger. this could be because of an injury or possibly an inflammatory arthritis. you are doing the right thing in trying to regain and maintain your range of motion. antiinflammatory medication may be of benefit. I would still pursue a further opinion from the dr if the finger is not improving as the X-rays being normal does not mean that there is no problem with the joints in the finger.