Why am I feeling discomfort and pressure after drinking soda?

I drink about 12-16 ounces of soda a day, and lately, over the past week or so, I have had some pressure build up (not exactly pain) but discomfort when drinking any type of soda. Juices and water dont affect this discomfort, but only soda does. Its not caffeine either because I drink mostly sprite. What can be the problem?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

Any kind of carbonated water whether it contains caffeine or not causes the same problem (soda,sprite,limca,thumps up,coke,beer etc). Becoz during processing they forcibly dissolves the Co2 (carbon dioxide gas into it . when you drink releases Co2 gas inside your stomach and that why you will get burps and belchings.

Its better to avoid over consumption of carbonated drinks,as they cause gatric problems and increases your weight by adding free calories to your body.