Whitish scab, swollen, dry, bleeding in lower lip. Habit of biting lips. Reason?

Hi
I woke up on Saturday with a bump on my lower lip and the same side of my lip was swollen. It looked like someone had punched me. Monday I woke up and the bump was gone but there was a squishy "scab". later the same day my lips were really dry and it started to bleed. I put neosporin on it.
Today, 4 days later its almost gone but still had a pliable "scab" and the "scab fell off and my lip bled again...
The "scab" is a white-ish color. Pain only with significant pressure, i.e pushing on it or poking it....
Im not sure what it is.

Thank you

p.s. this is also the area I frequently bite but this has never happened before
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Dentist 's  Response
Scab and bleeding lips arised due to the habit of lip biting.
This has caused ulceration of lips.
I would advice you to apply mucopain gel on the affected site.
Swish with warm saline and betadine.
Take plenty of fluids and nutritional diet.
Maintain oral hygiene well.
Vitamin becosules can be administered.
If symptoms persists,please do visit a dentist.
Hope this helps.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.