White spot on hip bone X-ray. Loss of range of motion in hip. What could it mean?

What could a white spot on the hip bone X-ray mean? I am female, 43, with a hip that suddenly lost one range of motion (rotating out from a bent knee position). Not really any pain. After a few months of PT, we can get my range mostly back after stretches and work on it, but it doesn t maintain. The PT thought I may have a hip impingement and sent me to a hip doc. Got an X-ray at the hip doc and now scheduled for an MRI . He wants to see the cause, but does not think there is a tear, plus there was a white irregular shaped darker spot in my hip bone. He said he didn t think the spot was related and I shouldn t lose sleep over it. Well, now I am curious and weeks away from my MRI and follow-up appointment! What could the spot possibly mean?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013