White spot on cheeks with numbness. Why does my throat feel inflamed? Cure?

i have a white spot on each side of my cheek and my cheeks feel numb. also i have been having problems with my throat for a few months now. it started off having a bunch of white spots on it but it wasnt strep but those spots went away but its left my throat really inflamed and bumpy looking with cuts in it.. i dont know what it could be..
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi , in my opinion you are having oral submucous fibrosis, where in you have white, pale, numb patches in mucosa of cheeks.
Treatment is oral steroids with anti oxidant for 3 months with steroid injection into the lesion.
Stop eating tobacco if you are habituated to it. Avoid eating spicy and hot food.