White patches on face below temple, diagnosed as fungus, growing in size. Treatment for patches?

My 6 year old daughter has a dry white patch on her face just below her temple. I took her to the pharmacy and the pharmacist said that it was a fungus. I ve been using the ointment they recommended but a month later and the patch is still there and also seems to be bigger. Should I take her to a doctor or is there anything else you can prescribe?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012

Thank you for your query.

In my opinion you should take your daughter to the doctor who shall examine the white patch and guide you appropriately. It is not possible to give a guidance without seeing the patch. If the application of anti-fungal ointment has not given relief then the white patch is not a fungus. Fungal infection can also be confirmed by examining a scraping of the area under a microscope which the doctor will do if he deems proper.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal