White patches on face. Exposed to sun. Pigmentation problem or lack of vitamins?

I have white patches on my face, which appeared during summer, they seem to show more when exposed to the sun, can you please advise why this is and what i need to do to treat it. I am worried that it could be pigmentation problem? could the white patches be due to lack of vitamins? My blood tests did show that I am lacking in vitamin D . I now have tablets which I am taking. Please advise. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012