White patches on chin and cheek, applyed placentrex lotion. Alternate medicine for placentrex lotion?

I have developed few white patches on my chin and cheek since about two months. Ten years back there was one patch on the neck and it was treated by applying placentrex lotion. Now these patches have appeared after over more than nine years. I looked for placentrex but it is not available in the market any more. Can you advise what can be done now?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012

It seems that you may be having vitiligo.

And you had vitiligo patch on neck which was responded to placentax.

If it is not available, you may use tacrolimus oint. 0.1% twice a day. Rub it on the patch.

Along with it, you may take tab. Neopsoralen 25 mg in the morning daily. And expose the patch to sun at noon for 5 min.

Take levamisole 50 mg at night.

I think, you may get good result. However, you may consult dermatologist.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD