White patch on my tip of penis, that is spreading. How to stop it ?

I have got a white patch on my tip of penis since from 19years. Recently it is spreading slowly towards my foreskin . I recently consulted dermatologist from a reputed hospital but i could not get satisfied answer from him and also he has suggested me "Tacroz" 0.03%. I would like to know how to stop this spreading.Note: There is no other white patches on any other part of my body other than my penis. Kindly suggest me how to cure this. Is there any diet to follow? or any Ointment? I would like to know the reason why this white patches appears?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Nov 2010