White line at the back of throat causing constant urge to swallow. Emergency?

I want to know why I can see a white line in the back of my throat? It s not phlegm or candida , I m a nurse and know what that is. I have this feeling that I have to swallow all the time because I feel this in the back of my throat. When I saw my ENT he said that my spine could be pushing on the back of my throat - but he didn t even palpate that area to see if that s what it was??? I got home and yes - it feels like my spine - the white line is the outline of the spine pushing on the skin there - what causes a person s spine to do this?? Is this an emergent situation??
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013