White growth in between buttocks, bleed when picked

I have strange white growths in between my butt cheeks. It started with one patch and I picked at it and eventually scratched it off. It seemed to heal pretty well, but a few months later another one showed up in a different spot. I don t know what they are and now the first one is back and worse. I try not to pick at them because they bleed , but I don t know what else to do. After I scratched at them I cleaned them with alcohol and peroxide then put a band aid over them. It didn t help.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you might be having a fungal infection.
You can apply an antifungal ointment locally over the affected area.
An oral antihistamine will help in controlling itching.

I would advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated by a Dermatologist.

I hope this is helpful to you.