White discharge from penis, chronic condition, not sexually active. Taking antibiotics. Treatment?

Hi Dr, i have been having a whitest discharge from my penis which lasted form almost 2 and half years now. its on and off after taking different types antibiotic prescribed. not had sexual intercourse for 2 and half years. i still continue to experience the problem. in my recent visit, the dr advice me to check of the culture. What could be my problem which seems to be untreated. i am afraid, please advise. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Hi, Thanks for query.
As you have this problem for above 2 years and you had sexual relation more than 2 years i.e. there is having possibility of having STD.
So go for STD test and penis discharge culture and sensitivity test.
After report go for appropriate long course of antibiotic.
Take plenty of water.
Ok and bye.
Dermatologist Dr. Praveen Rodrigues's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there vince. Go by your dermatologist's advise & get a culture done. You may also want to consider asking your doctor to do a prostratic massage & culture that as well (albeit you may experience a little discomfort). White discharge can have many causes & normal semen discharge admixed can be a feature too. Do not be worried. An early morning 2-glass urine collection test done by your dermatologist may also point you in the right direction depending on ease of getting these tests done. Too much/overuse of antibiotics is not the way forward. Perhaps you were 'resistant' to earlier antibiotics. Do the culture & then re-evaluate. All the best & hope you are better soon. Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist & Venereologist, Bangalore, India