Which surgery can increase height and how much would it cost ? Are their any harmful side effects in the future post the operation ?

Hi Doctor i am 24 yrs old with 5.5 height. From your answers i found that the height will increase by a surgery . Can you please tell me cost for this operation. Also please let me know whether this harmful for our future..
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jul 2011
Hi Renjith,

Welcome to HCM.
Yes height can be increased by surgery but is not recommended. You already have a good height.
Usually this surgery is not done to increase the height but to lengthen the shortened limb to avoid limping.
It is expensive and accompanied by lot of operation risk and complications.
The charges will vary from hospital to hospital and I don't think they will do it just to increase your height.