Which medici9ne is good for hypothyroid ?

hi sir my name is priya i have hypo thyroid and my query is which medicine is good i mean english medicine or homoepathy?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011
Hello Priya,

Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland functions less than normal, or there is a reduced secretion of the thyroid hormones due to a problem with the regulatory gland called the pituitary gland situated in the skull. When the thyroxine level is low, you need to replace the thyroxine which is commercially available. Hence, you need to take thyroxine tablets, not homoeopathy.

Dr. Taher Kagalwala (