Which is the best multivitamin to give a child?

My child eats well and is active also. But some people say he still needs extra. What is the best multivitamin to give a child? Is it necessary?
Asked On : Fri, 30 May 2008
NO NOT NECESSARY ATALL. as u said ur child is healthy fine and playful and not becoming sick frequently, i think he needs nothing except good home made food( a complete diet), medicines(may it be vitamins) r given to the needy(deficient persons) , and ur child is not among those. all those GREAT PEOPLE , politicians, scientists, adventurous persons, doctors , engineers , ur great fore-fathers might not have taken multivitamins, to be at the place where they were. ur thoughts might be advertise driven, or mothers of more healthier children( more weigh dosnt mean more healthy- both positive and negative sides exceeding normalcy is abnormal at any age). yes good tonics are buttermilk, honey, milk, soups, fruit juices, raw vegetables,fruits,dry fruits(any eatables that r natural. ultimately natural vitamins are more bio-available and do not harm.

Syrup Dexorange is a good tonic. give if required.
also give your child frequents meals. every two hourly.
Dentist Dr. Srividya Rao Vasista's  Response
ZINCOVIT syrup contains all the necessary vitamins required for good growth & development of children.
Thanks & take care
  Anonymous's Response
Polybion is the best BComplex to my knowldege.I have not tried multivitamins though.It is not necessary to give vitamin supplements if the food being provided to the child has all the nutrients.
I give my son polybion but he is fussy about eating. He does not eat fruits or vegetables much so the doctor prescribed this and I am giving it daily for past 4 months.
I don’t know. I guess there is no harm in giving multivitamins. I used to give my child something and he also used to eat well.
No i don't think its necessary, as long as the child is eating well and active and growing well. Anupama.
you should not be worried when he is eating to your satisfication( generally adults eat till they are satisfied but children are fed till the time their parents are satisfied)'''''''''