When will I get my period? I am 13

I am 13, but my mom got her period when she was 16! The weird thing is that I have a discharge which I had for about a year. I didn t think you were supposed to get it for this long. But then I remember that I am supposed to get it when my mom did. But can you really have the discharge for 4 years? (thats not really my question) I m not sure, I get headaches often, and randomly get cramps, I keep thinking I m going to get my period, but then nothing happens! Do you know about when I would/should (or on average) get my period?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
It is really hard to tell, sounds like you are almost ready. I had the discharge you describe for almost a year. My Mom had her's at 16 but I was 10 and a half and my sister was 14. My daughter was 15. So the therory isnt the greatest. They say girls mature faster now adays. Best bet is to carry something with you discretely at all times if you can.