When to quit smoking weed during pregnancy so that it will not show up in the baby's system?

I am currently 27 wks pregnant, and everything is healthy so far, however havent told my doctor i smoke weed because of the drug test they do on the newborns, either how do i bring this conversation up to my doctor or when should i quit smoking so it wont come up in my babys system when i give birth? I live in a medical marijuana state: Oregon
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Hi there, thanks for asking. both smoking cigarette and cannabis can cause low birth weight for the baby. Furthermore, there are enough evidence which shows brain exposure to cannabis before adulthood (specially in the prenatal period) can change brain neurotransmitters and synapses permanently. You may ask your doctor to provide for you some talk sessions since you do not want to take cannabis any more for your child health and you want to pass the period after discontinuation without any problem. i wish you and your baby a good health.