When someone just drops dead from a heart attack, why can't you help him out?

When someone just drops dead from a heart attack , why can't they be saved? For example, if they are attended to right away and get to the hospital and EMT service quickly, why do they sometimes die anyway? Don t they use the defribrillator and or CPR to bring back the heart? It would be nice for someone with experience to answer (EMT, etc). A loved one of mine has recently fell over dead and could not be saved.....thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009