When my son coughs, the stuff coming up from his lungs

my son is a week away from being one, when he coughs i can hear the stuff coming up from his lungs, i am also sick with the same thing but i seem to be getting better, he doesnt seem to have all the sympyoms that i have. i had pain in all of my bones coughing and fever , my son seems to just have a cough and touch of a fever, i have been giving him baby tylonal to hold the fever at bay but could this sickness affect him worse then it did me?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

this is whooping cough or diphtheria i guess. do not self medicate the baby go to doctor and find  out what should be done, if you are able to hear the sounds that come from the lungs that this is a disease from the inner chest.