Wheezing, asthmatic inhaler, shadowing in lung, bloodwork normal, allergic to shellfish

just started with a new doctor and she heard a wheeze in my chest during exam. i have been on asthmatic inhalers for a few years as that was what i was diagnosed with a while back. however, been a smoker for many, many years. doctor gave me a thing to breathe into and said my capacity was not good. sent me for a chest x-ray and said they saw shadowing in my l/ lung . my blood work came back at this same time and everything was excellent. doctor wants me to go for a CAT Scan.....allergic to shellfish and now i m scared to death that something is really wrong. dr. assured me that the report did not say mass , etc....just recommended future follow-up.
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012