What type of medicine or diet should be followed to increase height?

Hiii. I am 18 years old Indian girl....I want to be an Air Hostess.....Bt height criteria for air hostess is 5 feet 2 inches.....But my height is 5 feet 1 inches...My mother's height is 5 feet 3 inches...and my father's height is 5 feet 3 and half.... ...My weight is 68 kilo.....So plzzz tell me some tips for increasing height.....Its urgent for my future profession....and i want to be an air hostess....its like dream for plzzz give some tips (like diet, exercise etc.etc)........
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Hi soumita,

As per your height and weight your BMI is 28.7, it interprets you as grade I obesity. To lose weight its all about eating right foods in right quantities along with physical activity.
Try to eat 6-7 small frequent meals throughout the day. Drink lots of water.
Include whole wheat products, brown rice, ragi. dals, yogurt/milk your diet. cooked whole grams (eg moong) nuts (almonds) as a snack.
Include vegetables and fruits. restrict starchy vegetables( potatoes, sweet potatoes) consume fruits in its whole form than juices.
Avoid bakery products, sugar, excess use of oil.
If you've not been doing any activity.. walking is an inexpensive way to start. Brisk walk for about 15-30 mins and slowly increase time up to 90 mins per day. if comfortable go to a gym.
when you are trying to lose weight doesn't mean you have to deprive your body with nutrients. Include all colored vegetables and fruits in your diet and have a protein source in every major meal. It boosts your metabolism as well as keeps you full. Never starve. Happy healthy living!!