What treatment should be taken to increase sperm count ?

hi doctor , this is venkatesh from chennai, my sperm count is 10millenion,and motelity is there any chance to improve.what treatment i have to take..
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jul 2011
Hi Venkatesh,

Welcome to HCM.
First of all you will need to find out the cause for this low count and motility.
Consult an urologist who will have to do detailed examination and if necessary get a Colour Doppler Study done to rule out varicocele.
If varicocele is present then medical treatment will not be enough. You will need surgical correction of varicocele and that will improve the count and motility.
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth.P's  Response
Hello Venkatesh,

39 million per ejaculate is the lower limit of sperm count.

Lower limit of motility is 50%.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

You visit a infertility specialist ,since it needs detailed evaluation.