What treatment should be taken for raised lump on the tongue that has reduced to small dot ?

I developed a raised lump on my tongue about 2 to 3 months ago. I had a dental appointment about a month ago and was asked how long it had been there. I said about a 6 weeks. I spoke to the dentist and he said it looked like scar tissue and asked if I had bite my tongue. I said not that I recall. He said as it was same color as my tongue it was ok but keep an eye on it. A week ago I noticed that it was white with a very small red dot in the middle. Now it is just white. It is on the top of my tongue but nearer to the left edge. It does not hurt and never did. Should I go back to the dentist or the doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012