What treatment should I take for flu ?

i have a flu ..from 14 days ..plz guide me ..and i have a low fever and dryness in eyese and a pain in the neck from previous 18 days
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jul 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

SOmetimes viral illness may linger on longer then they should. THis happens many times in people who have poor immunity, who are under stress/overworked, or have previous respiratory allergies ( asthma/allergic bronchitis/ allergic colds ( rhinitis) etc).

You can take homeopathy safely for viral fevers , respiratory allergies .

Meanwhile, keep your body warm and hydrated, by plenty of warm water, steam inhalations, hot fomentation around neck, take light meals, plenty of rest to mind and body.

For further queries-
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You need to consume plenty of fluids for viral illness, water, fruit juice is very important. Do steam inhalation to relieve symptoms of dryness of nose, throat. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. You should get blood test for haemoglobin and blood count done. If you develop any bleeding spots under skin you should go to Doctor as some viral illnesses cause bleeding. Take Paracetamol for fever and antihistamine for running nose under medical supervision. Consult your Doctor if your symptoms are not relieved. It may take some time for muscle pain to come down but it is best you consult your Doctor about this.
General Surgeon Dr. Faraz Ahmed's  Response
thanks for query
Stay warm. Even if you're inside, don't be lounging around in a t-shirt and gym shorts. Throw on a fleece or a sweatshirt and get underneath a blanket. Take a long, hot shower... just be wary of running up the water bill.
Pump yourself full of fluids. Fruit juice is usually loaded with vitamin C, which aids the immune system. Sports drinks like Gatorade and Powerade contain electrolytes (sugars and salts that your body loses naturally). Other beverages such as tea and vitamin water also work.
Limit your diet. Don't be scarfing down cheeseburgers and fries when you first come down with the flu, unless you want it all to come back up. Start with soup (chicken noodle is a classic) and crackers, then work your way up as you start to feel better. "Binding foods" such as bananas and scrambled eggs offer some variety and provide essential nutrients and proteins to help speed up your recovery.
Stay active, as difficult as it may seem. Definitely get some rest, but getting off the couch for a few minutes to do some push-ups or crunches keeps the blood flowing through the body. If you become lethargic, the sickness will only linger.
Remember to get your flu shot next year! :)

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
The first thing is to avoid exposaure to cold things. have steam with cap. Karvol in it or put Karvol on hnadkerchief and smell it with deep breaths. Tab. A flu cil forte 1 bd with hot water and kanth sudharak for sucking. Add tulsi to the tea you sip. Saline gargles are good.