What treatment other than excision can one take to infection in the molar ?

Hello doctor, Thanks in advance for your advice. Doctor, I do have swelling(which is very mild) and pulling sensation of my left face for the past 2 months, and my doctor had tested me and said I had parotitis, and he said it will be cleared by itself, but till date, it hasn t get cleared; and he sent me to a dentist; he took an OPG test and said i had infection in my third molar teeth and asked me for excision of this tooth. My complaint now is severe chills and slight pain and slight swelling in my left jaw as well as my right jaw... Can you please suggest me what to do.. I am scared to remove my third molar because of the fear of getting ill again, since i have been ill for the past 2 months.. I have attached my OPG image here.. Please do spent some time and help me.. thank you..
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012