What treatment is there for hearing problem ?

i am 54 years old female, i am hard of hearing. pl advise med or should start using some hearing aid
Asked On : Fri, 26 Aug 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
Gradual haring loss needs detail examination. to start any medicine first thing to make out is the cause of deafness. there are few types of this dz ie. conductive deafness, etc. others i dont remember but its not possible to help you here. please consult a ENT surgeon and investigate yourself. once the diagnosis is clear you can be greatly helped. now hearing aids are latest and more efficient.
I hope I answered your query. Wish you good health.
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query
There are two types of hearing loss. Conductive and sensorineural, only the latter type requires hearing aid. I suggest you undergo audiometery to tell from the two so that u don't unnecessarily invest in a hearing aid
Have a healthy living
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
You have to consult EnT specialist to diagnose type of hearing loss.
Audiogram is must to judge the level of deafness than go for hearing aid under your doctor's guidance.

Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
At your age otosclerosis may be the cause of hearing loss, to confirm the cause of hearing loss consult ENT surgeon and get yourself audiometry done, if cause is otosclerosis both medical and surgical treatement are available based on severity.
if it is due to age related hearing loss hearing aid is the option.
good luck