What to do in case of child swallowing lotion ?

my child is three years old and swallowed lotion, CeraVa. I do not know how much he injested. He just throw up. What should i do to help him
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I advise you to take him to emergency for the examination of the child and to assess the ingestion and to look for any abnormal signs of aspiration of the lotion into lungs.

Don't induce vomitings at home.

If there is no lungs involvement, child can be observed for further vomitings and can be treated with supportive medication.

Keep chemicals, drugs out of reach for children as they are very curious and they try to keep everything into mouth.

Hope I have answered your query.